Keyboard shortcuts for Outlook
To be able to truly understand the theme, and then be able to make use of the helpful tips we will show you in this article, you need to know what a keyboard shortcut is and what they can do for you.
In Outlook, and in many other platforms, you have to go through a lot of steps to complete a simple task, you have to look for millions of buttons to find the right one, and sometimes you will not be able to see where it is in the first place. This keyboard shortcuts will save you the time with a simple click of an easy to remember combination of keys.
Baisic keyboard shortcuts for Outlook
We have found the most used and more basic keyboard shortcuts, that we think that every Outlook user should know about to make their work experience a little faster, even if it’s just by a pretty small amount of time.
Something that you need to keep in mind is that the shortcuts we will be showing are specific for the US keyboard, some of them you might be able to use them in others but, not all might work if you don’t have this keyboard.
- To close a tab or a page you just have to click on the escape or enter button.
- To open and go to the Home tab you just have to click the combination of the buttons Alt and H.
- To create a new message in your Outlook account instead of looking for the new message button, just click the following combination of Ctrl + Shift + M, and you can immediately start writing the new message. And after you are done just click Alt + S to send it
- If what you want is to send a document, or file in the new message simply click on Alt + N, A F, and then you can choose whatever file you wanted to send.
- To create a new task you can just click on Ctrl + Shift + K, and if you made a mistake and wish to delete click on thedelete button, you can only do this after you’ve selected the task, or the message you want to delete.
- If your inbox is too full and you need to search an specific email you can do this by clicking the combination of Ctrl + E Alt + H,R,P. And after you’ve found the one you want you can reply by clicking Alt + H,R,P.
Shortcuts creating an item or file in Outlook
- In here you create a lot of things, the first thing you need to do to create an appoint is simply click on the combination of Ctrl + Shift + A.
- If what you need is to add a new contact, you just have to click on the combination of Ctrl + Shift + C
- When you want to create a meeting, you need to send a heads up to see if everybody is safe, so to send a meeting request you just have to click Ctrl + Shift + Q.